WINSTON-SALEM, NC – Oct. 30, 2020 ― Novant Health is proud to be named as a recipient of several Diversity Impact Awards held by the Association of ERGs & Councils. The Diversity Impact Awards are the only national, annual awards that honor groups and individuals who lead diversity and inclusion efforts within their organizations and demonstrate results in their workforces, workplaces, and marketplaces.
“We are proud to be recognized by the Association of ERGs & Councils for our efforts to embed diversity and inclusion into our organization,” said Tanya S. Blackmon, executive vice president and chief diversity, inclusion and equity officer at Novant Health. “At Novant Health, diversity and inclusion are part of our core values and we strive to engage the strengths and talents of each team member to ensure a strong organization, capable of providing remarkable health care to our patients, families, and communities.”
Award recipients are chosen based on the association’s impact model, which evaluates how recipients and their work positively impact individuals, organizations, and external stakeholders in three key areas: talent management, culture, and organization vitality.
This is the second year in a row that a Novant Health Business Resource Group (BRG) has received this award. Out of the 12 BRGs at Novant Health, the following five were honored with the Top 25 ERG Award.
- Women BRG: Recognized for the expansion of Novant Health’s Leveraging Internal Female Talent (LIFT) leadership development program to include women at all employment levels.
- Persons with abilities BRG: Recognized for its Different, Different World simulation.
- Black/African American BRG: Recognized for its Diversity and Inclusion Speaks leader speaker series.
- Pride BRG: Recognized for its work in the implementation of the new computer-based learning (CBL) module, “Sexual Orientation and Gender Identity: Why it Matters.”
- Veterans BRG: Recognized for its work in ensuring Novant Health is one of the most financially competitive and culturally inclusive workplaces for veterans, active reservists, and National Guardsmen.
The health system’s health equity council and cross-cultural communications program were included in the Top 10 Diversity Action Award.
Dr. Chere Gregory, Novant Health senior vice president, and chief health equity officer was recognized with the Executive Sponsor of the Year Award for her work as the women physicians BRG executive sponsor. This is the first year that a Novant Health leader has received this award.