Mint Hill Arts is pleased and proud to sponsor our Tenth Annual Student Art Show, our biggest show of the year. This is a wonderful opportunity for students to show their art in a real and vibrant gallery and for high school students to compete for generous awards. Please help us spread the word to students in the ‘greater Mint Hill Area.’ If the past is any indication, this will be a remarkable show, so come see all the artwork in the gallery, corridor, and classroom .
Who may enter: The show is open to all area students in grades K – 12 in public, private, and home schools as well as to students of any age who have taken classes at Mint Hill Arts this year. This is a judged show for students for high school students (only). Adult students in Mint Hill Arts classes may also enter the show, though only those of high school age are eligible to compete for awards.
Awards: The following prizes, generously provided by Robinson Orthodontics, will be awarded in the high school competition: 1st Prize: $100; 2nd Prize: $75; 3rd Prize: $50; four Honorable Mentions: $25 each.
Show Intake and Pickup:
Intake is Monday, February 26 and Tuesday February 27, from 2:30 – 4:30 P.M. (Please note that pickup from the February Show will be February 23 and 24 at the normal times)
Pickup is Friday, March 30, from 4:00 – 6:00 P.M. and Saturday, March 31, from 10:00 A.M. – noon.
Opening Reception and Awards Ceremony: A Reception for students and their teachers, family, and friends will be held at the gallery on Friday, March 2 from 7:00 – 9:00 P.M.; awards will be announced around 8:00 P.M.
Fees: There are no fees.
- Each student may enter one piece of art.
- All work must be original.
- Mint Hill Arts accepts all artwork but reserves the right to turn down any artwork that it deems as inappropriate, unsafe for public display or too difficult to install.
- All artwork must remain in the show until its closing, unless it is sold in which case it can be taken from the gallery at the time of the sale. If you have an emergency and must remove your artwork, you must notify Mint Hill Arts and make arrangements accordingly.
- For all sales, MHA withholds a 20% commission.
- Other rules differ for high school and elementary/middle school students as described below:
High School. 2-D work should be matted or framed and cannot exceed 48″ x 60″ vertically or horizontally. 3-D work cannot exceed a 36″ footprint x 7′ in height and must be designed to be displayed safely. Students should enter art using the form “Student Gallery Registration – Individual Judged.”
Elementary and Middle School. 2-D work for K-8 should be mounted on construction paper or poster board and cannot exceed 24″ x 30″ vertically or horizontally. 3-D work cannot exceed a 2’ footprint x 4′ in height and must be designed to be displayed safely. Students who enter individually should use the form ”Student Gallery Registration Form – Individual Not Judged.” Teachers may enter multiple students using the form “Student Gallery Registration Form – Group”
All Forms referred to be can be downloaded here (link to Student Show/Forms). Intake labels are included with the individual registration forms; a sheet of labels is available for group registration.