MINT HILL, NC – Blessed Assurance Adult Day Care held its 9th Annual Golf Charity Fundraising Tournament at the Olde Sycamore Golf Plantation on Thursday, April 22. The funds raised will benefit disabled veterans, seniors, and other adults in need with Alzheimer’s, Dementia, and other debilitating diseases.
The primary sponsors include Piedmont Natural Gas as the Gold Sponsor, Silver Sponsor Sam’s Club, Bronze Sponsor Novant Health, Vehicle Sponsor Scott Clark, Beverage Sponsor Coca-Cola Bottling Company Consolidated, and Advertising Sponsor The Mint Hill Times.
Blessed Assurance provides social, recreational, and health care programs in a comfortable and relaxed group setting while providing many benefits for adults who require assisted care. Their care programs will benefit those who are cognitively and physically impaired; the care provided maintains and can improve their level of functioning. It offers an opportunity for socialization and peer group support. It provides nursing and social services to adults in a stimulating environment. The program promotes an opportunity to improve mental and physical health. It helps functionally impaired individuals who live alone and require support services to maintain and improve their level of independence. The care helps prevent social isolation and the mental deterioration of those who live alone. Furthermore, the Adult Day Care facility provides assistance to families and/or caregivers who have a family member or adult who cannot be left alone during the day but does not require 24-hour care in a nursing home. The goal is to remain in a community setting while enjoying their sense of dignity and self-worth.
If you have a loved one or a family member who needs the following Adult Day Care, Blessed Assurance can help:
- A safe, friendly, and secure environment.
- Socialization and social activities.
- Assistance with eating, walking toileting, and medications.
- Physical, speech, occupational, or group therapies.
- Monitoring weight, blood pressure, daily food, and liquid intake.
- Nutritious meals, snacks, or a special diet.
- Requires an exercise routine or regime.
- Personal hygiene including bathing, shampooing, shaving, and more.
- Mental stimulation to maintain and improve cognitive ability.
For more information, please contact Navondria@blessedadultcare.org or call (704) 845-1359 for details.