CHARLOTTE – Hi all! Many clients and people that I meet ask me what type of dog products I use and recommend. So today, I’d like to share my top 5 favorites!
- 1. The Freedom Harness – Terrific, high quality, front clip AND back clip harness that has an extremely helpful leash that connects to both clips. Bonus: It is made by 2 Hounds Design, a local company in Indian Trail, NC. Support local!
- 2. Pure Bites – This company makes amazing freeze-dried treats that are single ingredient, very healthy, and dogs love them. I use beef liver most frequently, then salmon, and chicken. These are very high-value treats used for difficult behaviors or easy behaviors in difficult situations.
- 3. Kong toys – specifically:
- the Classic Kong for stuffing and freezing (they offer different colors for different dog ages and hearty chewers),
- the Kong Wobbler is a puzzle toy for meals,
- the Kong Jump N Jack Dental Toy.
- 4. Dog Training Books – Way too many fabulous ones to name them all! Top of the list includes:
- Don’t Shoot The Dog by Karen Pryor,
- The Other End of the Leash and The Puppy Primer by Patricia McConnell,
- Doggie Language by Lili Chin,
- Canine Enrichment for the Real World by Emily Strong and Allie Bender.
- 5. 20’ leash – A flat, 20-foot leash (no retractable leashes!), excellent for teaching loose leash walking while keeping your dog safe and for teaching an excellent recall around distractions.
Have a favorite product you recommend? I’d love to hear about it!