When you think about our modern day environment, it is no mystery why so many people are struggling with their health. Since World War Two, 80,000 new chemicals have been created, with 1,500 new chemicals each year. Environmental toxins are rapidly contributing to the increases in cancer, heart disease, Alzheimers, diabetes, and many other chronic diseases.
One of the first introductions of toxins into your body is through your mouth. In fact, your mouth is actually one of the most absorbent places in your entire body. This is why some vitamins and medications are administered sublingually, or under your tongue.
So what is the daily practice that may be contributing to your health problems: CLEANING YOUR TEETH.
When you brush your teeth or use a mouthwash, a certain amount of what is in the toothpaste or mouthwash goes right into your bloodstream through your gums and salivary glands with access past your blood brain barrier and into your brain.
Many popular commercial brands of toothpaste and mouthwash contain chemicals and ingredients that you really don’t want in your system. Listed below are 5 such ingredients that you absoulutely must avoid for the sake of your health and your childrens health.
- Propylene glycol – is commercially used in antifreeze, paints, enamels, and airplane de-icers. Propylene glycol is a known skin, eye and lung irritant and may cause organ toxicity.
- Triclosan – has been linked to antibiotic resistance development as well as endocrine disruption.
- Fluoride – which is heavily promoted as the way to prevent cavities, is a toxic chemical that accumulates in your tissues and has been clearly linked with neurological and endocrine dysfunction, including thyroid dysfunction. By the way, elementary schools give your children fluoridated water treatments at least once per year.
- Sodium laureth sulfate (SLS), or sodium lauryl ether sulfate (SLES) – is registered as an insecticide and was denied approval as a pesticide because its potential for environmental damage.
- Aspartame – and other artificial sweeteners are often added to commercial toothpastes. The methanol from these sugars converts to formaldehyde in your body and can easily cause damage to tissues like your brain.
- Diethanolamine (DEA) – is another known hormone disruptor. In fact, the Environmental Working Group (EWG) ranks DEA as a number 10 in its cosmetics database (the most toxic score) due to high concerns of organ toxicity and moderate cancer risk. The California Environmental Protection Agency lists DEA as a possible human carcinogen.
If you are concerned about the health and welfare of your children and family as well as yourself then there are many healthy alternatives that can easily be made at home in under 30 minutes which can easily last for a couple of months. You can also purchase the toothpaste (REVITAN) that I use in my household everyday right from our office.
At Stanly Wellness Center, we are eager and ready to help you and your families achieve the best health possible. If you are looking for help with your health or you know of someone who is suffering with poor health, call the office of Stanly Wellness Center at 980-355-7600 and schedule a FREE 15-minute consultation with Dr. Patrick Ess to see how he can help. Dr. Ess will not waste your time or money. He will let you know if he can help you, and if he can’t, who in the community can.
Our office specializes in nutrition, detoxification and neurological correction. You can also refer to our website at www.AskDrPatrick.com for more information. We accept most major health insurances including BCBS, Aetna, Humana, UHC, Medicaid and Medicare.