At Stanly Wellness Center, in addition to neurological correction and cellular detoxification, we provide nutritional consulting and weight loss protocols and support. Upon consulting and reviewing a patients current dietary habits, I typically recommend 3 core changes that people NEED to make to improve their health, balance their hormones, and reverse chronic disease. In last weeks article I shared with you the SECOND EXCHANGE in our 3 EXCHANGE DIET program. In today’s article I am going to uncover the third MUST CHANGE dietary EXCHANGE.
PERFECT YOUR PROTEINS
Protein is a vital macro-nutrient to optimal health. Your body uses protein in your diet to build new cells, repair tissue, make enzymes, hormones, and other body chemicals. Protein can also help you to lose fat, build and retain muscle, regulate the activity of organs, speed up chemical reactions, and transport materials like oxygen throughout the body. At least 10,000 different proteins make you what you are. Unfortunately, numerous studies link commercial proteins and meats with cancer, diabetes, autoimmune diseases, osteoporosis, and heart disease. In contrast, naturally raised meats like grass-fed and grass-finished meats provide nutrients, fatty acids, and all of the essential amino acids that are necessary for good health.
If you study the health patterns of our Paleolithic ancestors as well as many cultures today, you will note that they are surviving on naturally-raised meats without experiencing cancer or heart disease in the proportions that we do in North America. So what is most important when it comes to protein, is not merely how much protein we consume, but the type of protein that we eat.
Listed below is a list of unacceptable proteins and their acceptable counterparts.
- Replace Grain-fed red meats with Grass-fed meats. Choose grass-fed, grass-finished, antibiotic-free, steroid-free, and hormone-free animal sources.
- Replace Pork & Shellfish with Poultry and Fish. Both naturally-raised, free-range, hormone-free, antibiotic free poultry, and wild-caught, cold water, and low on the food chain fish like Pacific and Atlantic salmon and sardines and anchovies are acceptable protein sources.
- Replace Processed Soy with Non-GMO Fermented Soy. The fermentation process in products like Miso, Tempeh, Tamari, Nato, and Amakaze helps to negate some of the harmful effects associated with soy consumption.
- Replace Roasted Nuts and Seeds with Raw Nuts and Seeds. Additionally, if you soak the nuts and seeds overnight in filtered water you begin the sprouting process and you release their natural enzymes which makes them easier to digest and assimilate.
- Replace Pasteurized and Homogenized Dairy with Raw Dairy Products. Full-fat, organic, non-homogenized, non-pasteurized and raw dairy products like full-fat raw milk, full-fat plain yogurt, raw cheeses, whey protein, and fermented Kefir are all acceptable.
Other sources of quality protein include Eggs from hens that are cage-free, free-range, organic, hormone-free, antibiotic-free, and fed no animal byproducts as well as modest amounts of Legumes including beans, peas, and lentils.
At Stanly Wellness Center, we are eager and ready to help you and your families achieve the best health possible. If you are looking for help with your health or you know of someone who is suffering with poor health, call the office of Stanly Wellness Center at 980-355-7600 and schedule a FREE 15-minute consultation with Dr. Patrick Ess to see how he can help. We specialize in nutrition, detoxification and neurological correction. You can also refer to our website at www.AskDrPatrick.com for more information.