At Stanly Wellness Center, in addition to neurological correction and cellular detoxification, we provide nutritional consulting and weight loss protocols and support. Upon consulting and reviewing a patients current dietary habits, I typically recommend 3 core changes that people NEED to make to improve their health, balance their hormones, and reverse chronic disease. In today’s article I am going to uncover the first MUST CHANGE dietary EXCHANGE.
CURB YOUR CARBOHYDRATES
Before we start to reduce your carbohydrate load, we need to know what exactly a carbohydrate is. Carbohydrates are the sugars, starches, and fibers present in fruits, grains, vegetables, and dairy products. At the chemical level, carbohydrates contain carbon, hydrogen, and oxygen molecules. The problem with carbohydrates, is that whether you eat a candy bar, a piece of fruit, or a bowl of pasta/rice/oatmeal, down the digestive line all these carbohydrates end up as SUGAR in your body. If all of these sugar molecules get burned up as energy, then this is not necessarily a problem as it relates to obesity, however any excess sugar that does not get used for fuel for the body does in fact become a problem for your weight and your health.
Listed below are 10 reasons to avoid Sugar and Refined Grains:
- Excess sugar is the primary dietary cause of the obesity epidemic. While it is true that excess fat consumption can lead to obesity, so too does excess sugar.
- Sugar causes hormonal and metabolic imbalance. Spikes and dips in the hormone Insulin can lead to a condition known as Insulin Resistance in which your cells no longer respond to insulin’s request to absorb and use sugar for fuel. This leads to increases in blood sugar and pre-diabetes and diabetes.
- Sugar triggers diabetes. If you suffer from either Type 1 or Type 2 diabetes, it is imperative that you control and monitor your consumption of carbohydrates and sugars.
- Sugar raises the pH of your body. Your body MUST maintain a very tight control over acidity and alkalinity. Your blood pH must be maintained between 7.35 and 7.45 for optimal health. If your blood pH falls below 7.35 or rises above 7.45 stresses are placed upon your organs and disease processes follow.
- Sugar causes inflammation and free radical production. Free radicals and inflammation create cellular disturbances and DNA damage which lead to 98% of all disease processes according to experts.
- Sugar raises cholesterol. When your cells are damaged by the oxidation and inflammation that high sugars create, your liver produces more cholesterol to repair those damaged cells.
- Sugar leads to heart disease. Elevated levels of inflammation in the arteries increases your risk of high blood pressure, hemorrhage, stroke and heart attacks.
- Sugar is an anti-nutrient. The energy that your body uses to manage sugars is greater than the energy produced by burning it. Compared to burning fat which yields on average 129 ATP’s, burning sugar only yields 36 ATP’s.
- Sugar is a known toxin. While it is not on the FDA’s list of acute toxins, sugar that is consumed in excess thousands of times per year can create the same level of cellular dysfunction that ingesting mercury can cause.
- Sugar promotes cancer. It is well known that PET scans are performed using radioactive sugar molecules that get consumed by cancerous cells and which can then be seen by the radiologist.
At Stanly Wellness Center, we are eager and ready to help you and your families achieve the best health possible. If you are looking for help with your health or you know of someone who is suffering with poor health, call the office of Stanly Wellness Center at 980-355-7600 and schedule a FREE 15-minute consultation with Dr. Patrick Ess to see how he can help. We specialize in nutrition, detoxification and neurological correction. You can also refer to our website at www.AskDrPatrick.com for more information.