If you have ever studied world cultures and health trends in other countries, you may have realized that unlike the U.S. and other western countries, Asian countries do not suffer heavily from disorders such as obesity, heart disease and diabetes.
In fact, Japanese women are well known for their slim, healthy, and toned figures. Aside from genetics which plays a small role, many researchers claim that their morning ritual may also be helping them stay healthier. Put simply, most Japanese women drink water immediately upon waking.
This ritual of drinking water, now deeply rooted within Japanese culture, is a form of treatment that’s scientifically proven to help remedy several body disorders.
(To read this article in its entirety, go to www.AskDrPatrick.com/blog)
Why is Drinking Water So Important?
For starters, 65-70% of your body is made up of water, so it’s essential to keeping the body working properly. When the body’s water requirement is not met, it has a variety of health consequences such as rheumatoid arthritis, migraines, angina, colitis, dyspepsia, hypertension, obesity, hemorrhoids, breast cancer, pulmonary tuberculosis, kidney stones, sinusitis, and uterine cancers.
Listed below are 8 reasons that you should adopt this ritual yourself:
- Helps Rid the Body of Toxins– At night, your body repairs itself and casts out toxins in the body. Drinking water will help to flush out these harmful toxins.
- Improves Metabolism– Drinking water on an empty stomach can increase your metabolic rate by at least 24%.
- Reinforces Healthy Weight Loss– Drinking water on an empty stomach reduces food cravings. This will prevent weight gain caused by overeating.
- Alleviates Heartburn and Indigestion– Drinking water on an empty stomach dilutes stomach acids.
- Improves Complexion and Skin Radiance– Dehydration causes premature wrinkles and deep pores in the skin.
- Promotes Shiny, Smooth, and Healthy Hair– Water makes up almost ¼ of the weight of a hair strand. An insufficient intake of water can cause brittle hair and thin hair strands.
- Prevents Kidney Stones and Bladder Infections– It is a fact that drinking water on an empty stomach dilutes the acids which lead to stones in the kidney.
- Strengthens Immune System– Drinking water on an empty stomach helps in flushing and balancing the lymphatic system, which leads to increased levels of immunity.
How Can I Perform Water Treatment?
Drink approximately 160 ml of water four times immediately after waking up, before brushing and on an empty stomach. If you cannot drink four glasses of water on an empty stomach, then you can begin with one glass or as much as your body supports. You can gradually increase the intake of water till you reach the desired level of 640 ml.
As you can see, there are a whole host of benefits of drinking water immediately after waking up. It’s without a doubt the easiest way to make a positive change to your lifestyle without spending any money.
At Stanly Wellness Center, we are eager and ready to help you and your families achieve the best health possible. If you are looking for help with your health or you know of someone who is suffering with poor health, call the office of Stanly Wellness Center at 980-355-7600 and schedule a FREE 15-minute consultation with Dr. Patrick Ess to see how he can help. Dr. Ess will not waste your time or money. He will let you know if he can help you, and if he can’t, who in the community can.
Our office specializes in nutrition, detoxification and neurological correction. You can also refer to our website at www.AskDrPatrick.com for more information. We accept most major health insurances including BCBS, Aetna, Humana, UHC, Medicaid and Medicare.
Stanly Wellness Center is located right on Main St (24/27) in Locust and is situated next door to the Locust Post Office and the Dollar General across the street from the Wells Fargo Bank.