It’s Back to School time already! Time to get back into the routine of packing school lunches. If your kids are tired of the same old PB&J, here are 10 kid-friendly lunch ideas to try out this school year.
- BLT wraps. Roll bacon slices, chopped tomato and sliced lettuce in a whole wheat wrap.
- Turkey roll-up. Ditch the bread and roll up two slices of deli turkey with your child’s favorite sliced cheese.
- Peanut butter and Nutella. Skip the jelly and add Nutella for a yummy twist on PB&J.
- Vanilla yogurt. Serve with fruit and granola for dipping.
- Fruity chicken salad. Make chicken salad with apples and dried cranberries. Serve in a bowl with crackers or on a sandwich.
- Hard boiled eggs. Serve with crackers and cheese cubes.
- Turkey pita pocket. Spread a pita pocket with hummus and stuff with turkey and cucumber slices.
- Single serve guacamole cup. Serve with pita chips and carrots for dipping.
- Pizza rollup. Spread pizza sauce on a whole wheat tortilla. Top with pepperoni slices and roll around an unwrapped mozzarella cheese stick.
- Egg salad sandwich. Fill a croissant or pita pocket with lettuce, bacon and egg salad.
Don’t forget to slip a note of encouragement into your kids’ lunchboxes. Whether it’s a quick note written on a napkin or a fancy printable, a lunchbox note is a great way to let your kids know that you’re thinking of them during the school day.