CHARLOTTE, N.C. (Jan. 6, 2021) – Novant Health today announced that it has started administering the COVID-19 vaccine to its first patients – North Carolina residents ages 75 and older – in keeping with the state’s distribution plan. The healthcare system continues to vaccinate team members within phase 1a of the prioritization framework, which includes health care workers caring for and working directly with COVID-19 patients. To date, Novant Health has administered over 11,000 vaccines to team members and is administering hundreds more daily.
“We are eager to get to work vaccinating the most vulnerable citizens and support the state’s decision to advance to this next phase,” said Carl Armato, president and CEO of Novant Health. “With almost half of our patient-facing team members in phase 1a having scheduled or received their vaccine, we believe extending to phase 1b will have a positive, downstream impact on both our communities-at-large and our health care system.”
Eligible patients will get a notification through their MyChart account, prompting them to schedule an appointment.
Patients who do not have MyChart are encouraged to sign up at MyNovant.org. If a patient is age 75 or older, but they do not have access to MyChart or have not received communications, they can call 855-NH-VAC-4U (855-648-2248) for scheduling assistance.
Due to limited vaccine availability, Novant Health is only vaccinating at centralized locations in the Winston-Salem and Charlotte areas at this time. More sites will be added in the weeks ahead as more vaccine becomes available.
“We understand our patients and communities are hoping to get vaccinated as soon as possible,” added Armato. “Our teams are working around-the-clock to vaccinate as many people as supply allows. We will not stop until everyone who wants a vaccine gets a vaccine.”
Here is additional important information for our patients and communities to know:
- This week, all eligible patients with a Novant Health primary care provider will receive electronic or direct mail communication with this information.
- The vaccine is by appointment only. We cannot accommodate walk-ins at this time.
- With limited vaccine supply allocated by the state, appointments will be limited for eligible patients, as well.
- The COVID-19 vaccine is not available at Novant Health hospitals or primary care offices at this time.
- There is no charge to the patient for the vaccine.
- For more information, patients can visit NovantHealth.org/CovidVaccine.